Bullying and Students with Special Needs
"I attended Dr. Cerullo's bullying seminar in Haverford Township and it was AMAZING. I bought two of the videos you publish and every parent, child and school faculty needs this important information! They were outstanding."
All students deserve to feel safe at school free from the fear of being bullied. But because bullying is fueled by an imbalance of power, students with special needs are especially vulnerable and frequently targeted by bullies. According to recent statistics, 60 percent of students with disabilities are victimized – as opposed to 25 percent of the general population.
Many school administrators now realize that in addition to their efforts to create a safe and bully-free atmosphere for the general school-wide population, they must develop specific plans to help students with special needs who are most at-risk for bullying.
In the DVD Bullying and Students with Special Needs, our experts look at this issue and advise teachers and administrators on how to develop specific strategies and approaches.
Meet our experts:
Educator and anti-bullying expert Dr. Claudio V. Cerullo
lectures nationwide to discuss the academic, social and emotional fallout of bullying, and the urgent need for anti-bullying programs. Dr. Al Forwood
has worked with children with learning disorders and other neurological problems for more than 20 years.
In this DVD, you will learn:
- What do teachers and administrators need to know about students with special needs and bullying?
- Which "invisible disabilities" are most likely to make a child a target?
- What specific types of bullying behavior are special needs students confronted with?
- How do you deal with a bullying situation when a special needs student is the bully?
- What school-wide and student-centered anti-bullying approaches work best?
- What can students (victims and bystanders) do in bullying situations?
- What can parents do in bullying situations?
- What legal remedies are available?
- And much more!
DVD Price: $90.00
for a printable version (pdf) to fax your order.
or click below to order using a credit card.